Blog for hpHosts, and whatever else I feel like writing about ....

Thursday 1 November 2012

VPLS/Krypt: 174.139.90.27 still spamming, over 12 months later

174.139.90.27, owned by Krypt Technologies (aka VPLS), and leased by StrongVPN, was found early 2011, involved in spamming, and as of this morning, it appears not surprisingly, still is.

The following is a screenshot of spam posted by the IP way back in June last year, promoting 9ame.co.uk (amongst others).



August of last year, Torneval blacklisted the IP for this very reason (web spam)

In July of this year, the IP was involved in spamming barriouniversitario.cl with illegal pharmacy activities.

And less than an hour ago, a 419 fraud arrived in my inbox originating from 174.139.90.27. Sadly, their attempts at avoiding flagging by spam filters, is still woefully useless (you'd have thought they'd have learnt by now). The email came without a body, with the body being in an RTF attachment, containing;

FROM KINGDOM NELSON GLENDOVEN FARMS, ZIMBABWE Dear Partner,Naturally,this letter will come to you as a surprise since we have not met,permit me however to introduce myself,I am Kingdom Nelson,a black Zimbabwean farmer,currently in south africa as reffuge. I used to work in three tobacco farms in Chipinge,and I was also part owner of these farms which were owned by my late father. I am contacting you as the need for me to have a foreign partner in your country has become necessary due to my plans to relocate to that country so that I can purchase some land and start farming all over again,as the present political instability in Zimbabwe,does not encourage financial investment as the environment is no longer conducive for farming investment and most of all,security is not guaranteed,just as reported by international media.This problem started when the Zimbabwean government under the leadership of President Robert Mugabe announced a decree on May 31st 2000 to seize more than849
white-owned farms.During this period,as reported by international media and he CNN,more than 600 farmers(including my father) were killed; the government is not stopping at this, as the government has already asked all farmers to give up their farms to government or risk going to prison.So far,more than 1,400 owned farms have been invaded and confiscated,as well as claiming the properties of the farmers. Also,about 1333 farmers arrested for defying the orders to leave their farms under the controversial land reform program of the government. Having lived in this country south africa for years,Am reffuge some years therefore,I decided to contact you,for your assistance,so that I can divert my interest in south africa to a more stable country as yours. Also,I must re-iterate the importance of having a citizen of your country to front or me,since i intend to purchase some land for farming,I do not know much about your land-ownership laws,I thought it wise to
seek the help of a foreigner to act as proxy for me.For this purpose,I have put in a security deposit all monies from the sale of my farming equipment(including tractors etc) and also all financial profits.All these are a total of US$18.5million.I will upon receiving your consent prepare every document to enable you receive this money on my behalf,pending my arrival to meet with you in your country so that we can both make further arrangements with regards to the purchase of land.For your assistance to me,you will be entitled to a commission of 15% of the total sum that you will be receiving on my behalf for the above purpose.If you are interested and willing to assist me,you should please forward to me the following information so that I can reach you or call me in this number +27-784023206 I will tell you more details. 1. YOUR CONTACT ADDRESS 2. YOUR TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBER, 3. VALID ID OF YOURSELF, I am waiting urgently for your response,while also
requesting that you treat this matter in strict privacy.Cheers and God bless. I will give you more details when i hear from you.You can click on the link below to get a better understanding my situation and why i need to move out my money: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/1068528.stm Best Regards

Kingdom Nelson


And yep - that IS the original formatting in the attachment! (clearly they can't even be bothered to at least try and make it convincing with the basic proof reading and formatting either).



So what are Krypt/VPLS doing to stop it? Well, absolutely bugger all to date (sent them another abuse report regarding the latest incident, but if history with them is anything to go by, I'm expecting it to be ignored).

No comments: