Blog for hpHosts, and whatever else I feel like writing about ....

Tuesday 1 September 2009

What is Windows Home Server?

Since Windows Home Server is a new addition to The Windows Blog, we thought it would be a good idea to give everyone a refresh on what exactly Windows Home Server is and what it can do for you.

Windows Home Server was designed for households and home-based offices that have more than one personal computer. It was created to help you simplify your digital life, and provide an easy way to access your media and files from any computer, inside or outside your home. The leading benefits of Windows Home Server will help you “Share, Protect, Organize, and Grow” all of your digital content on up to 10 PCs through three basic services. These include automatic PC back-up, restoration ; document and file sharing ; and remote access capabilities. Windows Home Server software will typically be sold with new server hardware from companies like Acer and HP.


Read more
http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowshomeserver/archive/2009/09/01/what-is-windows-home-server.aspx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One of the big draws for me was also the ability to stream audio and video to an Xbox 360. I use a combination of a Media Centre PC and Xboxes to stream music through out my house and to play videos on the TV's.
The down side is now that I have it configured, I tend to forget about it. I put my thoughts about it together here, http://www.squidoo.com/windows-home-server-info if you want another opinion.