Blog for hpHosts, and whatever else I feel like writing about ....

Wednesday 11 February 2009

farm*.static.flickr.com removed from hpHosts

I had someone e-mail me today that was disappointed to find user images were not being displayed on Flickr. I did some testing and the culprit was farm4.static.flickr.com. It seems Flickr are now using these hostnames for user images aswell as adverts.

Because of this, and because I don't want to block legit graphics, I've removed the following from the hpHosts database;

farm2.static.flickr.com
farm3.static.flickr.com
farm4.static.flickr.com

These removals will be reflected in the actual hpHosts HOSTS file on the next update (due for release by Wednesday next week).

As an aside, removals from the database can now be monitored if you wish as they are now recorded in the following file;

http://hosts-file.net/download/removed.txt

If you come across any other hostnames in hpHosts that cause problems such as this, please do let me know.

No comments: